Turn Off Ads?

Thread: making our first trip to GABP

making our first trip to GABP

I'm bringing my 11 year old son to Cincy for the first time and trying to make sure he becomes a Reds fan and not a fan of the hated braves. I've been to Cincy too many times to count but not in years and not since GABP opened. We're going to the Tuesday Cubs game and we'll have the entire day Wednesday and Thursday to explore and try to do some interesting things around the city.

I'd appreciate any info/suggestions that any of you have relating to the city and the ballpark in general.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-26-2024),RiverRat13 (07-25-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: making our first trip to GABP

Go to Graters in fountain Square and get some ice cream!

5. Likes:

GADawg (07-26-2024)

So you want to pass the curse onto your son huh? I hope you both have an enjoyable time. I love GABP.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

7. Likes:

GADawg (07-26-2024),LiferJim (07-26-2024)

Not sure if they still do it, as we haven’t tried it in years, but I always enjoyed parking on the Kentucky side of the river and taking the ferry to the ballpark.

Enjoy, as it really is a beautiful ballpark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other, in a healthy way" Stevie Ray Vaughan

9. Likes:

GADawg (07-26-2024)

do a search on this forum. there was just a thread about this a month or two ago. My suggestion was Montgomery Inn Boathouse.

11. Likes:

GADawg (07-26-2024)

Living in the Past RiverfrontRed's Avatar

I stayed at the Hotel Covington and walked to the games the last time I was there. Nice hotel and not too far of a walk.
    Barry Larkin: "That was a great swing!" "He ran fast." "He's pitching good tonight." "He brings the effort every game." "OUT-standing!!"

Turn Off Ads?