Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-3-24 Reds vs Orioles 6:10 PM

Re: 5-3-24 Reds vs Orioles 6:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    The problem against LHP is that Friedl (who hits LH well), McLain, and Marte are all out.
    I'm not convinced Friedl will hit LHP as well as he did last year I think that was a fluke. I wouldn't count on him hitting them near as well. Remember in the past he did poorly against them and was platooned. Started out last year platooning as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Guess this delay is lasting longer than they thought it would
    I'll say the same thing I always say when it rains. Retractable roof.
    The Reds have a good percentage of their fanbase driving 3 hours to games.
    I know from experience how bad it stinks to dive nearly 3 hours to a game that gets canceled.

4. Likes:

64red (05-03-2024),cumberlandreds (05-03-2024),goreds2 (05-03-2024),Ky Fried Redleg (05-03-2024),REDREAD (05-04-2024),WVRedsFan (05-03-2024)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I know from experience how bad it stinks to dive nearly 3 hours to a game that gets canceled.
    How long will it be before Hamilton is ready to entertain the idea of a new ballpark?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I'm not convinced Friedl will hit LHP as well as he did last year I think that was a fluke. I wouldn't count on him hitting them near as well. Remember in the past he did poorly against them and was platooned. Started out last year platooning as well.
    He did change his approach against lefties last year, so there is hope it can continue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-03-2024)

I’ve never lived in Ohio. I visited Cincinnati a couple of times as a kid… as far as I can tell, it rains every day in April and May, and Cincinnati receives 400 inches of rain per month.

I just checked the 10 day weather forecast for Cincinnati. There’s a >50% chance of rain every day. Literally for the next 10 days. I honestly had no clue the climate was like that in Ohio. I’m from Kansas - I figured it would be about the same.

I feel like I realize this every baseball season and then forget so I’m surprised again every April when 95% of Reds home games are delayed or postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    I’ve never lived in Ohio. I visited Cincinnati a couple of times as a kid… as far as I can tell, it rains every day in April and May, and Cincinnati receives 400 inches of rain per month.

I just checked the 10 day weather forecast for Cincinnati. There’s a >50% chance of rain every day. Literally for the next 10 days. I honestly had no clue the climate was like that in Ohio. I’m from Kansas - I figured it would be about the same.

I feel like I realize this every baseball season and then forget so I’m surprised again every April when 95% of Reds home games are delayed or postponed.
    Yeah Rains a lot April and May. June, July and August you bake during day games. Might be 10 good weather days a season.

Any chance they play tonight?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

NCReds (05-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Any chance they play tonight?
    I live 7 miles from the stadium. Haven't seen a drop.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-03-2024),KeefeCato (05-03-2024)

With the Os only trip, if they don't play tonight, Saturday will be scheduled for two, and if they don't get two played Saturday, then two Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeyosu View Post
    I live 7 miles from the stadium. Haven't seen a drop.
    Well I was hoping to watch them tonight. I didn't subscribe to MLBTV this year and playing the Orioles I can see the games on MASN where I live.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

First pitch at 8:50 Eastern

17. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-03-2024),Marc D (05-03-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    With the Os only trip, if they don't play tonight, Saturday will be scheduled for two, and if they don't get two played Saturday, then two Sunday.
    From what I saw. Tomorrow night should be good but chance of rain earlier in the day. But also wasn't supposed to be raining now. So who knows?

Rhett Lowder is pitching tonight for Dayton. So far so good.

4IP 1H 0R 0BB 7K

Hector Rodriguez (thanks Tyler Naquin!) has two RBI and is up to a .911 OPS.

Cam Collier (.931 OPS) has a double and an RBI

You've mistakenly assumed that last year Friedl had a career year. A player highly unlikely has his career year during the first full season of his Major League career, unless he's already 28 years old when he gets to the big leagues. That isn't the case for Friedl, who is on the early upside of his career. He's just finished seeing most of the pitchers in baseball for the very first time. He'll now begin his second go-around through the league and should improve overall against them. Friedl has at least two seasons ahead of him better than what he had last year. He's not some free-swinger who got lucky. He's always been way above average when it comes to making adjustments throughout his climb through the leagues.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Greene’s had two strong starts in a row. He’s done that before, but has had trouble putting together a long string of strong starts. Let’s see he can keep it going.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?