Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Rangers Reliever: With Arm Injuries, Time For MLB To ‘Fix The Baseball’

Re: Texas Rangers Reliever: With Arm Injuries, Time For MLB To ‘Fix The Baseball’

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I... agree with Sea Ray?
    I’ve contended for awhile, he’s not a bad baseball/sports poster lol
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 04-30-2024 at 11:15 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-30-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Texas Rangers Reliever: With Arm Injuries, Time For MLB To ‘Fix The Baseball’

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think the strike zone needs to be shrunk or redefined. Perhaps any ball that's not completely inside the "box" is " a ball". Right now there are some unhittable pitches being called strikes. It's not fair. It doesn't even lead to balls in play. I do think the zone can be raised a little. Make it the knees and and not the "hallow of the knees" and make the top part either the hitter's elbow or bellybutton. In exchange for that, let them use "some" sticky stuff
    I was thinking about something similar. Shrink the zone a bit, which should force pitchers to take a little speed off in order to throw strikes.

On the other hand, compensate pitchers by making the ball tackier, so they can get more spin and movement with less stress on the arm.

Make each of these changes in the right amounts to try to keep the competitive balance between hitters and pitchers.

These tweaks should lead to less arm problems and more emphasis on contact. Just not sure if it could be balanced in a way that doesn't give hitters too much advantage.

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-30-2024),Sea Ray (04-30-2024)

Not a fan of making the ball tackier. These guys are trying to reach spin levels and velocities greater than in the past and the consequence is it hurts their arm. Maybe the answer is that Pitchers should learn to pitch instead of trying to do things beyond the physical limitations of the human body. Doing something to the ball to enhance their abilities seems no better than steroids or corked bats.

Why not just use a trick ball? Maybe with more weight on one side. They'd be able to spin the heck out of that.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’ve contended for awhile, he’s not a baseball/sports poster lol
    I'm a little bit of everything poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm a little bit of everything poster
    I meant to say “he’s not a bad… “

Editing now
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?