Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 4-17-24 Reds @ Mariners 4:10 PM

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: 4-17-24 Reds @ Mariners 4:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Just got back from the game (thanks I-5 traffic!)

That wasn't fun.

At least I got a bobblehead out of it.
    Hey, that’s more than worth it. I have to order all my Reds’ giveaway bobbles on ebay.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-17-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I sure miss the days of having "too many infielders". Hopefully some people learned there lesson with that whole thing.

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (04-18-2024)

I'm sure it looked the same on TV as it did in person, but the team looked incredibly lifeless. I don't know what was going with India especially, maybe he visited a dispensary before the game.

Elly's homer was fun, and Abbott looked mostly great. That's about the only positives from that game. Oof.

7. Likes:

bigfoot steve (04-17-2024),cumberlandreds (04-18-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by KYExtemper View Post
    Every year we go out to the West Coast in the beginning of the year I don't look forward to it. Seems like we just go out there in April and get our butt kicked.
    Story of my life

9. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-17-2024),WVRedsFan (04-18-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Just got back from the game (thanks I-5 traffic!)

That wasn't fun.

At least I got a bobblehead out of it.
    At least you're not on a train for the next three hours

11. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-17-2024)

Basically just outplayed in every facet in Seattle, Montas' first inning kind of set the whole tone.

At least makes me glad they won those games against the Sox.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

KeefeCato (04-18-2024),westofyou (04-17-2024)

4-17-24 Reds @ Mariners 4:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Basically just outplayed in every facet in Seattle, Montas' first inning kind of set the whole tone.

At least makes me glad they won those games against the Sox.
    First game was trash, the Second two they just couldn't do anything or hold tight.

Typical west coast trip

Good to see Elly, he was the best player in the field from what I can see
    Last edited by westofyou; 04-17-2024 at 09:24 PM.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-17-2024)

I just watched the game on the DVR. Again, our side was playing the same way since we got to Seattle... trying to work the count for a walk. That's great but this team doesn't do that. They pound the zone again and again. The approach got so many hitters down 0-2 after 2 pitches and then the AB is essentially over. It's the natural progression of the game. Seattle executed... we didn't adjust. Lesson for the younglins..... all teams aren't the same.

A .500 road trip isn't horrible. We do need to find some consistent bats however. It's looking like last seasons finish after the winning streak again. We didn't really take advantage of the White Sox like we could have either. Yes, we won big but we barely had more hits than runs against them with a ton of walks. Timely hitting has been an issue for a while now. Also, the bullpen walking at least one person in a high leverage situation seems to be a Reds thing and I wish it wasn't.

Title of the most recent Locked On Reds Podcast:

“ Reds off to best 18 game start of the David Bell era.”
    ( 9-9 )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    We really need to get to their bullpen. Miller is looking too sharp.
    Bryce Miller has been lights out so far this season.

He's 3-0 giving up just 7 hits and 0 runs in 19.3 innings in his 3 starts vs the Cubs, Brewers and Reds.

I guess the Cubs and Brewers are unmotivated and don't care about winning either.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Title of the most recent Locked On Reds Podcast:

“ Reds off to best 18 game start of the David Bell era.”
    ( 9-9 )
    That's interesting. I was thinking last night that we haven't gotten off to a decent start in awhile. This confirms it

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    They always give these first round picks a lot of rope. The catching position is a spot they're going to have to spend $ or prospects on because there's nothing in the system. If India isn't going to hit then he's unplayable. The writing was on the wall to move on from both of these guys this past off season.
    Yep, that's why I didn't want the Reds to give India a 2 year guaranteed deal. He has chronic injuries and was on a downhill spiral. I didn't mind bringing him back for 2024 and seeing if he could bounce back (one year deal), but it was too risky to give him a 2 year deal.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

21. Likes:

mhs95_06 (04-18-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Bryce Miller has been lights out so far this season.

He's 3-0 giving up just 7 hits and 0 runs in 19.3 innings in his 3 starts vs the Cubs, Brewers and Reds.

I guess the Cubs and Brewers are unmotivated and don't care about winning either.
    At least the Cubs and Brewers each won 1 of their 3 games vs the Mariners

Who schedules a 3-game trip in 2-1/2 days to Seattle when you are already on the road in CHI and then have to return to Cin after that. Then, they force the team to be prepared to play a game on the THUR before flying out to Seattle to play on Friday. It doesn't matter that they didn't play on THUR. They still had to do all preparations the same as if they were going to play.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Who schedules a 3-game trip in 2-1/2 days to Seattle when you are already on the road in CHI and then have to return to Cin after that. Then, they force the team to be prepared to play a game on the THUR before flying out to Seattle to play on Friday. It doesn't matter that they didn't play on THUR. They still had to do all preparations the same as if they were going to play.
    MLB used to hire a married couple to do the scheduling for them, then it switched to an automated computer, which obviously does not have common sense that a person would have.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?