Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What position will the Bengals take with their 1st Rd Pick?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defensive Line

7 33.33%
  • Offensive Line

13 61.90%
  • Wide Receiver

0 0%
  • Secondary

0 0%
  • TE, LB, RB or trade out of 1st Rd

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What position will the Bengals take with their 1st Rd Pick?

Re: What position will the Bengals take with their 1st Rd Pick?

I apologize if I stir up any bad memories that many have tried to permanently block out of their minds, but Bengals' fans had to live through some horrendous decisions (trading down and not taking Steven Jackson) and non-decisions [not leap-frogging a team or two in order to grab what we needed and settling for some turd (always letting the draft play Mike Brown instead of Mike Brown hiring a G.M. to play the draft and let the G.M. do his job)].

These poor memories that lasted for two decades make me feel that whatever happens this year is gravy on top of the Drafts AND Free Agent moves the Bengals have made the last four years. For those of us who watch it closely, we could see the changes developing slowly for a decade before that as there was so much change that needed to be made, such as doubling the Scouting Department from 2 to 4 people, which when you think about it, explains 100% the reasons why we sucked so badly at drafting players.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Bengals will draft Murphy if he's available because that'd be great value and he'd fill a need. Big win. That said, I don't think he'll be available at #18 and the Bengals will take the best OL available.

It would be interesting to see what they'd do if Bowers is still available. I would prefer an OL, but I'd also be excited about the addition of an elite TE. If that option becomes available, I think they'd make the difficult decision to pass on Bowers.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I think the Bengals will draft Murphy if he's available because that'd be great value and he'd fill a need. Big win. That said, I don't think he'll be available at #18 and the Bengals will take the best OL available.

It would be interesting to see what they'd do if Bowers is still available. I would prefer an OL, but I'd also be excited about the addition of an elite TE. If that option becomes available, I think they'd make the difficult decision to pass on Bowers.
    I don't think the Bengals are locked at #18 and are willing to move up or down should the situation warrant. They are so much better than they used to be at getting players that they want rather than letting the draft hand them whatever player happens to be available when it's their pick.

Always have to be carefull moving down and missing out on an All-Pro and winding up with someone not good enough to generate a 2nd contract.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?