Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Nick Krall not understand defense is important?

Re: Does Nick Krall not understand defense is important?

Quote Originally Posted by boxseat View Post
    That Milwaukee first baseman last night was struggling mightily catching routine throws in the infield. It's not that bad.
    That was the worst Defensive performance I have ever seen in my life at any level.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

GAC (04-10-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Even then it may not magically improve overnight. I certainly don't believe that they aren't serious about their defense. .
    I mean, I am sure the players are playing defense the best they can. Although it's also fair to say that defense hasn't exactly been the highest priority in recent years. I will even say, sometimes it is better to trade defense for offense, so saying defense isn't the top priority isn't necessarily a criticism, just an observation. Yea, I agree with your post, everyone is doing the best they can.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

Chip R (04-10-2024)

The short answer to this is it’s been blatantly obvious the reds don’t care about defense for awhile now. They were going to play India in left field before the injuries and suspension. They routinely play guys out of position in the name of versatility. I’m sure everyone is doing their best when on the field, but yes philosophically this team does not value defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

7. Likes:

mth123 (04-10-2024),Revering4Blue (04-13-2024)

Reds have turned the fewest number of double plays in MLB over the first 13 games. 8 DPs.

In part, that’s on the defense, though it also reflects Reds lack of ground ball pitching. Reds are second to last in GB%.

9. Likes:

LiferJim (04-13-2024),Revering4Blue (04-13-2024)

The Reds defense has looked much better over last few games. Benson really seems to have improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    School's out. What did you expect?

11. Likes:

goreds2 (04-15-2024),LiferJim (04-13-2024),Revering4Blue (04-13-2024),Ron Madden (04-13-2024)

Let's face it - Nick Krall should be banned from practicing sports medicine.

13. Likes:

Chip R (04-15-2024)

Cincinnati Reds outfield

The Reds going into the weekend ranked first in right field in the majors in defensive runs saved, eighth in left field and 15th in center, per fangraphs.com.

Not bad across the grass for a team without its best outfielder.

Imagine what it might look like when Friedl gets back.

Read More
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...em/ar-AA1njWFe

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-20-2024),NebraskaRed (04-19-2024)

Turn Off Ads?