Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2024 Final Four Weekend

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024 Final Four Weekend

Edey’s teammates aren’t doing anything
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

No team in my lifetime has just plowed through two straight Tournaments like UConn. Maybe UCLA did something like this in the '60s?

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-08-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Edey’s teammates aren’t doing anything
    We also got a great look what life will be like for Edey in the NBA. You just can't be that slow.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I kind of want college football to die. All the recent (football-driven) conference changes are leading to the SEC and Big Ten being the two mega conferences that run everything. And yet...here's who's won the last 10 NCAA Tournaments:

5 from the BE (okay, one of those was when the Big East team was in the American)
    3 from the ACC
    2 from the Big12

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    We also got a great look what life will be like for Edey in the NBA. You just can't be that slow.
    ?? Dude scored 37 points

I don't think he is going to be good in the NBA, but that game last night did not show that.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

What a beautiful game plan to let Edey score 40 and shut down the future accountants that he calls teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    What a beautiful game plan to let Edey score 40 and shut down the future accountants that he calls teammates.
    Took a page out of UNC's 1957 game plan vs KU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1957_N...mpionship_game

- - - Updated - - -

No team in my lifetime has just plowed through two straight Tournaments like UConn. Maybe UCLA did something like this in the '60s?
    Early 70's Walton was the last time I've seen it

10. Likes:

Boston Red (04-09-2024),Chip R (04-09-2024)

Good comparison, but Wilt scored 23 of his team's 53 and took 13 of his team's 47 shots. Edey scored 37 of his team's 60 and took 25 of 54 shots.

12. Likes:

westofyou (04-09-2024)

I kind of want college football to die. All the recent (football-driven) conference changes are leading to the SEC and Big Ten being the two mega conferences that run everything. And yet...here's who's won the last 10 NCAA Tournaments:

5 from the BE (okay, one of those was when the Big East team was in the American)
    3 from the ACC
    2 from the Big12
    The Big East is still shining as a basketball power

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    ?? Dude scored 37 points

I don't think he is going to be good in the NBA, but that game last night did not show that.
    Last night's game hurt his draft stock, not helped it.

Where he was projected before this game to go in the middle of the 1st Rd, he's probably going to last into the 20's.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Last night's game hurt his draft stock, not helped it.

Where he was projected before this game to go in the middle of the 1st Rd, he's probably going to last into the 20's.
    I'm not an NBA fan but that league drafted Shawn Bradley #2 overall and he wasn't nearly the player that Edey is. Has the NBA changed since then? Seems to me if they couldn't wait to draft Bradley, they'd jump all over themselves to get Edey

Shawn Bradley was an elite NBA rim protector. I don't see Edey being that.

Looking at some actual stats, Bradley blocked 177 shots in 34 college games. Edey blocked 232 shots in 138 games. Shawn Bradley ranks 15th all time in career NBA blocked shots.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 04-09-2024 at 05:02 PM.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-10-2024),Sea Ray (04-09-2024)

Shawn Bradley was an elite NBA rim protector. I don't see Edey being that.

Looking at some actual stats, Bradley blocked 177 shots in 34 college games. Edey blocked 232 shots in 138 games. Shawn Bradley ranks 15th all time in career NBA blocked shots.
    Again, I don’t follow the NBA, but is a premier shot blocker worthy of a number two overall pick in that league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Again, I don’t follow the NBA, but is a premier shot blocker worthy of a number two overall pick in that league?

No idea if he was worth going #2 overall (probably not, but he was also a decent offensive player and rebounder). But he at least had one elite NBA skill. I don't think Edey will be close to elite at anything in the NBA. I think he'll be good enough to play some in the NBA, but like you I don't follow it closely enough to have a very educated opinion on it.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

NCAA Tournament 2024 Final Four Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

First, Boston Red more or less has echoed my thoughts on the matter. But to answer your question, the answer would only be “yes” if said player also exhibited some - not necessarily all - of the following traits:

Rim-running ability.

Ability to switch out and guard on the perimeter without being left on an island due to pick-and-rolls.

Shot creation ability for yourself AND others. Both are required in this case.

Ball handling skills.

Most importantly, ability to stretch the floor.

In other words, wing/guard skills.

The pace-and-space era has basically relegated the traditional plodding center who is basically nailed to the low post to role playing spots at best. They haven’t been the fulcrum of NBA offenses for well over a decade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 04-10-2024 at 05:52 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

21. Likes:

Chip R (04-10-2024),Sea Ray (04-10-2024)

Turn Off Ads?