Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2024 Final Four Weekend

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024 Final Four Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Going to be low ratings again this year. CBS B-tier Networks hoping for a uconn vs Purdue final.

930 is ridiculous and also amazing the once mighty Final Four weekend is no longer worthy of major network coverage.
    I think I read both MBB and WBB tournaments have crushed TV ratings records this year. The peak of the tournament for me though is the first weekend, followed by the second weekend. By the time we get to the Final Four, I'm usually basketball'd out and more focused on the Reds anyway since the regular season has started. Same with college football. I hardly ever watch the playoff games, especially the Monday night finals which feel anti-climactic.

I wonder how a potential Sunday afternoon South Carolina-Iowa WBB final on ABC would compare with a Monday night MBB final on TBS.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?

First half might get good ratings until SC is up by 25.

I guess the same can be said of the men's games and UConn.

If Alabama can get white hot from three they are more than capable of pulling off the upset.

If not, it'll be a beatdown.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-05-2024)

Purdue wins a predictable game.

Bama giving UConn a game so far with Nelson on the bench.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Purdue vs UConn should be a good one.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The Iowa/Uconn game Friday was watched by 17 million people according to ESPN. Clark is such a huge draw and gets kids watching ball...my 11 year old daughter had no idea what basketball was until she hit the scene. Now she wants to go to the tournament in Buffalo next season and shoot hoops with her Dad...so shout out to Caitlin Clark
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-07-2024),Chip R (04-08-2024),dubc47834 (04-07-2024),goreds2 (04-07-2024),Revering4Blue (04-07-2024),westofyou (04-07-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I know everyone rightly so has complained about the game time but it is not even on a major over the air antenna TV network.

Monday, April 8 (National championship game)

(1) UConn vs. (1) Purdue | 9:20 p.m. ET | TBS/TNT/truTV
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    it is not even on a major over the air antenna TV network.
    Does that matter in 2024? I barely even know which channel I'm watching now with the way streaming services work.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Hopefully not. I am hoping the Winter Dogs blow Purdue out. I will win my office pool!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Does that matter in 2024? I barely even know which channel I'm watching now with the way streaming services work.
    I understand that but if you live in a major city, a simple hookup indoor over the air antenna likely can get you ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS and FOX plus other misc. channels. A friend of mine has an over the air indoor antenna in a major city and gets all those channels for FREE. The only cost was $40 for the antenna.

Assuming you live in Boston, MA here is a list of potential channels you could get with an indoor over the air antenna.

https://www.tvchannellists.com/w/Lis...ton-Manchester

Note that your results may vary on what channels you can get.
    Last edited by goreds2; 04-08-2024 at 12:01 PM.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I am literally just wondering if it actually matters in 2024. You have a buddy that gets the free channels and presumably nothing else. But how many people who are potential viewers for this game actually have over the air TV only and no access to "cable" (is that the right word to describe them anymore) channels?

15. Likes:

goreds2 (04-08-2024),Revering4Blue (04-08-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. I am literally just wondering if it actually matters in 2024. You have a buddy that gets the free channels and presumably nothing else. But how many people who are potential viewers for this game actually have over the air TV only and no access to "cable" (is that the right word to describe them anymore) channels?
    No biggie. I was just amazed at all the channels they could get with an indoor antenna living in a major city. I was just throwing that option out there for people living in those areas. The game was usually on CBS.

I am hoping for a good game tonight. Two #1’s going at it!

17. Likes:

Chip R (04-08-2024),Revering4Blue (04-08-2024)

Early on, glad to see Edey not getting every call like he has been all Tournament.

Edey just got away with a blatant over the back, so I guess that's over.

Definitely not a fan of Edey's, but finally seeing them against a good team makes me appreciate him more. It doesn't look like any of his teammates belong in this game, and he's kept them right in it for 16 minutes.

Turn Off Ads?