Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Name That Tune: Classic Rock Lyrics --- One Toke Over the Line

Re: Name That Tune: Classic Rock Lyrics --- One Toke Over the Line

29: It's an REO Speedwagon song just can't remember the name of it

30: The boys are back, Thin Lizzy.

Can I play?

I couldn't stop so I swerved to the right, I'll never forget the sound that night

2. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (02-26-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

30 Thin Lizzy The Boys are Back in Town.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    21. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot
    22. Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple
    23. Don’t Bring Me Down (??) by idk…
    24. Funky Dixieland (??) by the Doobie Brothers
    25. Goodbye Mary Jane by Supertramp

Gonna be honest, I’m not sure on the titles of the last 3
    I think 24 is Black Water. Love me some Doobie Bros.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

6. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post

Can I play?

I couldn't stop so I swerved to the right, I'll never forget the sound that night

"He's got a long wick with a flame at both ends. He's hot! "

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

8. Likes:

moewan (02-28-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Smoking in the Boys Room - Brownsville Station

Way back in the day, I met a girl at a rock club and one thing led to another. The next morning, we start telling life stories and she says the highlight of her last year was balling the bass player from Brownsville Station. I went home and took a long shower.
    Seems like back in the day, one thing usually led to another for Roy. I was probably still eating crayons .
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Another one to remind Roy of his way back days:

31. "Ain't no doubt about it, we were doubly blessed . 'Cause we were barely seventeen and we were barely dressed."
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post

31. "Ain't no doubt about it, we were doubly blessed . 'Cause we were barely seventeen and we were barely dressed."
    I can name thar tune in one note, Paradise by the dashboard light, starring mr Phil Rizzuto

12. Likes:

Aristocratic Hoosier

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post

Can I play?

That was J Frank Wilson and Last Kiss.
    Quantum computing promises to be a revolutionary tool, making short work of equations that classical computers would struggle to ever complete. Yet the workhorse of the quantum device, known as a qubit, is a delicate object prone to collapsing.

14. Likes:

moewan (02-28-2024)

Aristocratic Hoosier

I knew a guy who played this song every night in this bar I used to frequent and he would shake his head and say, "I keep playing this song because I don't know what it's about."

I told him it was about the changes in how they lit up dashboards in newer model cars and he seemed OK with that answer.
    Quantum computing promises to be a revolutionary tool, making short work of equations that classical computers would struggle to ever complete. Yet the workhorse of the quantum device, known as a qubit, is a delicate object prone to collapsing.

16. Likes:

A bit of a change here, but still recognizable. Isaac said he kissed you beneath the apple tree. When Benji held your hand he felt electricity. When Alexander called you, he said he rang your chimes. Christopher discovered your way ahead of your time.

Saddest line ever:

She might think that I’ve forgotten her, don’t tell her it isn’t so
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by j.u.FAIRFIIELD View Post
    I knew a guy who played this song every night in this bar I used to frequent and he would shake his head and say, "I keep playing this song because I don't know what it's about."

I told him it was about the changes in how they lit up dashboards in newer model cars and he seemed OK with that answer.
    That's what Phil Rizzuto thought it was about.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Saddest line ever:

She might think that I’ve forgotten her, don’t tell her it isn’t so
    Sounds like something by that LOBO dude. He wrote some sad, sad songs. I don't think it's his song but he wrote a lot of similar lyrics.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

When I was 9 years old, there was a song that was getting a lot of air play on the radio. I thought it was the saddest song I had ever heard. Fifty-three years later, it's still the saddest song for me. Back as a 9-year old, the song made me fear that my mother or father would pass away and leave me broken -hearted. The thoughts prompted by the words in this song made me so incredibly sad. Last summer my mother passed away and I thought of this song when she died. I literally cried and cried all day.

"I remember I cried when my father died
    Never wishing to hide the tears
    And at sixty-five years old
    My mother, God rest her soul
    Couldn't understand why the only man
    She had ever loved had been taken
    Leaving her to start
    With a heart so badly broken
    Despite encouragement from me
    No words were ever spoken
    And when she passed away
    I cried and cried all day ..."
    ---- Bill Vaughn

22. Likes:

dfs (02-27-2024),Roy Tucker (02-27-2024)

When I was 9 years old, there was a song that was getting a lot of air play on the radio. I thought it was the saddest song I had ever heard. Fifty-three years later, it's still the saddest song for me. Back as a 9-year old, the song made me fear that my mother or father would pass away and leave me broken -hearted. The thoughts prompted by the words in this song made me so incredibly sad. Last summer my mother passed away and I thought of this song when she died. I literally cried and cried all day.

"I remember I cried when my father died
    Never wishing to hide the tears
    And at sixty-five years old
    My mother, God rest her soul
    Couldn't understand why the only man
    She had ever loved had been taken
    Leaving her to start
    With a heart so badly broken
    Despite encouragement from me
    No words were ever spoken
    And when she passed away
    I cried and cried all day ..."