Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Would Mikal Bridges be overkill? In a few years they can replace Randle with Saddiq Bey too.

There’s a lot of talk around here of going all in on Bridges, I’d be for it as it would make for a tremendously tough defensive team with a ton of guys who can score on all levels. Brunson-Bridges-Anunoby-Randle-Robinson with Hart/Divo off the bench would give Boston a run for best team in the East.
    I think Bridges would fit like a glove. If you're going to put a band back together, that one's a pretty good one to pick.

It also would be potentially one of the coolest stories in sports history. If those four guys could deliver the first Knicks championship in more than 50 years on the back of two NCAA championship, they're legends.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Mitri (01-31-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Go Wildcats!
    Speaking of Wildcats, Cam Whitmore is coming on strong. He never met a shot he didn't like. He's averaging 0.4 apg.

5. Likes:

M2 (01-31-2024)

The Celtics are weird. Most of the time they dispatch teams without too much fuss, but they've taken two recent poundings (from the Clips and the Bucks). They seem to stumble short of being able to go true juggernaut.
    I also think it’s weird that Boston fears Miami. Miami is a talent and skill limited team.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I also think it’s weird that Boston fears Miami. Miami is a talent and skill limited team.
    Hard-learned experience. Until the Celtics dispatch the Heat in the playoffs with relative ease, the Heat have residence in Boston's head space.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-01-2024)

SGA for MVP? He went 34-7-5 in a win over the Jokic-less Nuggets tonight. He's scoring more than 31 per game and he plays almost every night.

SGA for MVP? He went 34-7-5 in a win over the Jokic-less Nuggets tonight. He's scoring more than 31 per game and he plays almost every night.
    His footwork in the midrange is sublime. Minnesota announcers came up with an Alex English comparison. SGA can shoot threes a lot better than English but English was so smooth.

11. Likes:

M2 (02-01-2024),Revering4Blue (02-01-2024)

Milwaukee looking really old and really slow. One of Giannis' most unintelligent games. Plus Portland simply wouldn't miss.
    Big back to back games and Lillard not very impressive in either one.

Julius Randle diagnosed with a dislocated right shoulder. To be reevaluated in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Would Mikal Bridges be overkill? In a few years they can replace Randle with Saddiq Bey too.

There’s a lot of talk around here of going all in on Bridges, I’d be for it as it would make for a tremendously tough defensive team with a ton of guys who can score on all levels. Brunson-Bridges-Anunoby-Randle-Robinson with Hart/Divo off the bench would give Boston a run for best team in the East.
    I didn't realize until Marks pointed it out that the last time the Nets and Knicks traded was in 1983...never say never but I doubt that dream comes to reality even with all those picks.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Welp, Embiid just diagnosed with a meniscus injury. No word on whether it's a tear and, if so, how severe. But the fact that the knee had been swelling for some time now, my fear is that there was at least a minor tear already present, and that it was exacerbated by Kuminga's landing on it. I'd love to think that best case is 2 weeks, but if he needs surgery on it (no word yet), it's likely more like 8.

Time for Morey to start smiling and dialing for trades.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Lakers just beat the Celtics in the garden by nine. No LBJ, no brow. Full Celtics squad. Lakers shot 40% from the field. And Vanderbilt made more threes (2-3) than Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and JRue combined (1-10). What on earth happened?

17. Likes:

M2 (02-01-2024),Revering4Blue (02-02-2024)

Lakers just beat the Celtics in the garden by nine. No LBJ, no brow. Full Celtics squad. Lakers shot 40% from the field. And Vanderbilt made more threes (2-3) than Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and JRue combined (1-10). What on earth happened?
    Gotta be the weirdest result of the season.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-02-2024)

Plus I see LA had to overcome a 17 point 5 0f 9 threes off the bench by Hauser.

Lakers shot 26 FT to the Celtics 7, in Boston. Celtics had 15 TO vs the Lakers 7
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

And Vanderbilt only played the 1st half I believe. Which makes that stat even more crazy.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Turn Off Ads?