Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Thats propped up by their 4-1 record against the Bucks tho. The Pacers need to get healthy. I do think they will be very dangerous come the playoffs.
    Don't steal my thunder! lol

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-26-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Tonight it looked like whoever ended with Herro defending him got a free bucket.
    In other news, water is wet….

And that contract? Pat Riley rarely makes mistakes. But wow! I know there are folks on this board who really like Herro, but you don’t allocate those kind of resources to a very poor man’s Jeff Hornacek.

Conversely, Hornacek would be worth every penny of Herro’s deal in this era.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-26-2024 at 12:28 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    In other news, water is wet….

And that contract? Pat Riley rarely makes mistakes. But wow! I know there are folks on this board who really like Herro, but you don’t allocate those kind of resources to a very poor man’s Jeff Hornacek.

Conversely, Hornacek would be worth every penny of Herro’s deal in this era.
    I still think the ultimate purpose of Herro's contract is to trade it for someone else who makes a lot of money.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I still think the ultimate purpose of Herro's contract is to trade it for someone else who makes a lot of money.
    True.

But there’s also a poison-pill provision if I’m not mistaken. In other words, Riley will have to fork over Jaquez if he has designs of turning Herro’s deal into a difference maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Nine incidents that led to Griffin being sacked. I'll add 10: The lack of playing time for A.J. Green.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/w...ins-dismissal/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

High score alerts -

Luka has 55 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd against the Hawks.

Devin Booker has 48 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd against the Pacers.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Doncic is unreal offensively 4th NBA player to hit that mark…Big time players make big time plays.Dallas started 8 and 2 since that start they have struggled. Luka willed them to this win…best offensive player in the NBA.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Booker ended up with 62 what an unreal offensive explosion this last week in the NBA
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 01-26-2024 at 10:17 PM.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-26-2024),SteelSD (01-26-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Booker ended up with 62 what an unreal offensive explosion this last week in the NBA
    What's even crazier is that on two different nights during that week, a player put up 62 points but wasn't that day's top scorer.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-27-2024),BuckeyeRed27 (01-26-2024),dubc47834 (01-27-2024),M2 (01-26-2024),Revering4Blue (01-26-2024)

Cavs probably with their best win of the season against the Bucks. Made some nice adjustments from the Wednesday game against Milwaukee and won the rematch.

Might get Mobley and Garland back next week. Went 15-4 without them so far.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-27-2024),Betterread (01-26-2024),M2 (01-26-2024),Revering4Blue (01-26-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Doncic is unreal offensively 4th NBA player to hit that mark…Big time players make big time plays.Dallas started 8 and 2 since that start they have struggled. Luka willed them to this win…best offensive player in the NBA.
    Embiid is better. But Doncic is up there. And yet, even with a healthy Kyrie, Dallas is 8th. With their two stars playing great, they are pretty clearly not going to win the CHIP this year They are a playin team unless they can pass New Orleans and Phoenix. And they didn’t even make the playoffs last year. So many top players left the East to go the the Western conference. A backlash is coming where you will see west conf stars escaping the western conf. steel cage to go to the media warmed womblike East, where the top teams can take in season vacations and still hold onto high seeds.
    Last edited by Betterread; 01-26-2024 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Embiid is better. But Doncic is up there. And yet, even with a healthy Kyrie, Dallas is 8th. With their two stars playing great, they are pretty clearly not going to win the CHIP this year They are a playin team unless they can pass New Orleans and Phoenix. And they didn’t even make the playoffs last year. So many top players left the East to go the the Western conference. A backlash is coming where you will see west conf stars escaping the western conf. steel cage to go to the media warmed womblike East, where the top teams can take in season vacations and still hold onto high seeds.
    Thats a tough one as I have always been predisposed to take the big as talented 7 footers are impossible to find...both are unreal talents I would lean that Doncic is a better offensive player (he may average a triple double) but Embiid is better overall when you factor in defense and free throw shooting. Doncic is also only 24 so he still has some room to take another step.

What Doncic has been able to do with the Mavs this season is unreal they have started 26 different line ups and Kyrie has missed 27 games with various ailments and they are still in the thick of it out West. They are probably a 10 win team without him...

What a time though to be a fan of the NBA Embiid, Doncic, Booker, Tatum, Brown, Giannis, Steph, Lebron, Wemby...so much talent.

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-27-2024)

Lance McAlister
    67th edition of My Random Thoughts: Sports, TV, music, food, life.....

“ You may not like the NBA, but I'd highly recommend experiencing a Pacers game at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. What a place. “

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/l...e=local_social
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

21. Likes:

redsfanmia (01-27-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Lance McAlister
    67th edition of My Random Thoughts: Sports, TV, music, food, life.....

“ You may not like the NBA, but I'd highly recommend experiencing a Pacers game at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. What a place. “

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/l...e=local_social
    I always thought it was interesting growing up in Cincinnati how the Pacers aren’t a thing there. I know Cincinnati is a terrible NBA town, but it’s 2 hours away and never seemed like the team made efforts to push into the market.

Turn Off Ads?