Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Coach Walking

Re: Dead Coach Walking

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Has that POS Snyder given the new owners all the keys yet? They may still be evaluating everything in the front office/revenue generators and not gotten into the on field staff?
    Harris is being patient but I think he cleans house after the season. Probably doesn’t want to make a change now, get the dead cat bounce, and risk losing a grip on the top 4 draft pick.

He’s hired Eugene Shen as Senior VP of Football Strategy, who formerly worked for the Ravens, Dolphins, and Jags. I think that’s the only significant front office move so far.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-15-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The Bears just can't seem to get out of their way. No matter what they do they mess it up. In the Super Bowl era they have only been relevant in the mid-80s and the mid 2000s for a couple of years.
    IMHO, it’s the QB curse, which ironically, began when they jettisoned Harbaugh, who led the Colts to within a dropped late 4th quarter interception of reaching the Super Bowl. Since then, they have seemingly engineered several mind-numbingly dumb deals while reaching for “that” QB. Among them:

- The disastrous trades for Rick Mirer and Jay Cutler.

- Passing on Duante Culpepper in favor of Cade McNown in the 1999 Draft.

That said, if they can protect Fields and surround him with weapons - like drafting Marvin Harrison Jr. first - they have a chance to end this curse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-15-2023),Chip R (12-15-2023)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

A lot of the Bears media and even their own fan base thought 7-10 would be good. Does Eberflus lose his job "meeting" expectations?

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-15-2023)

Interesting rumor that I'm not buying: Kirby Smart to the Falcons once Arthur Smith is gone.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Interesting rumor that I'm not buying: Kirby Smart to the Falcons once Arthur Smith is gone.

I read somewhere where Kirby already had been offered 5yr/125mil.

https://twitter.com/NickyPerkss/stat...41877078962613

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I read somewhere where Kirby already had been offered 5yr/125mil.

https://twitter.com/NickyPerkss/stat...41877078962613
    The reasoning was because of Raiola flipping but they still landed the no 1 recruiting class and flipped a top 5 safety from Florida State. Doesn't really make sense.

Smart is a Georgia alum and Georgia has been one of the major players in getting out in front of NIL. He's won back to back national championships before getting derailed by Bama this year. Leaving Georgia makes zero sense.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-23-2023)

The reasoning was because of Raiola flipping but they still landed the no 1 recruiting class and flipped a top 5 safety from Florida State. Doesn't really make sense.

Smart is a Georgia alum and Georgia has been one of the major players in getting out in front of NIL. He's won back to back national championships before getting derailed by Bama this year. Leaving Georgia makes zero sense.

Zero sense unless he wants to try his hand at coaching in the NFL. It's a completely different animal. I have no idea if he has such aspirations

Last time Falcons hired a college coach it was Bobby Petrino.

We’re gonna rename all of the Peachtree Streets after Sherman before going back to the college coaching well.

(And no way Kirby is interested in leaving what he has built in Athens. None.).

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-24-2023)

Belichick should get extra fired for going with Mac Jones over Zappe for so long.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-25-2023)

Well tomorrow is Black Monday. Of non-announced firings, I'd say Washington is a lock. NE a possibility. Atlanta a strong possibility. New Orleans supposedly said he's safe. Tampa snuck in so he's safe.

Very little chance for Bears, zero chance for Buffalo

I still think Giants are a possibility

In the AFC South I think Vrable is a possible divorce (rather than firing) and Jax is a mild possibility (in case Shad Khan wants some changes and Pederson doesn't)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Not really a dead coach walking but Mike Florio is reporting Andy Reid may retire after this season.

Matt Nagy and Steve Spagnulo both have coaching experience but would be as enthusiastic promotions as Todd Bowls was for the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well tomorrow is Black Monday. Of non-announced firings, I'd say Washington is a lock. NE a possibility. Atlanta a strong possibility. New Orleans supposedly said he's safe. Tampa snuck in so he's safe.

Very little chance for Bears, zero chance for Buffalo

I still think Giants are a possibility

In the AFC South I think Vrable is a possible divorce (rather than firing) and Jax is a mild possibility (in case Shad Khan wants some changes and Pederson doesn't)
    Buffalo needs to fire their QB before their coach.

Not really a dead coach walking but Mike Florio is reporting Andy Reid may retire after this season.

Matt Nagy and Steve Spagnulo both have coaching experience but would be as enthusiastic promotions as Todd Bowls was for the Bucs.

Mike Florio is guessing Andy Reid might retire. He'd have to have sources for it to be reporting, which he had none. The article is pure speculation.

Sirianni? Not tomorrow, obviously, but maybe the following Monday.

Arthur Smith already canned by Atlanta.

Turn Off Ads?