Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three year cruise canceled due to lack of a ship

Re: Three year cruise canceled due to lack of a ship

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    First thing, don't sell your house to cruise with a business you've never heard of at a price that's too good to be true. Do the math, it's supposedly a 3 yr cruise and they're charging $32K. That works out to $30/day. No one is going to be able to pay for your food, gas and ship for only $30/day

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...e/71717678007/
    Reading further into the story, the $32k was just a deposit. The cheapest room on the cruise is $38,400 per year per person in a double occupancy cabin. A quick google says the average number of passengers on a cruise ship is 3000, so the numbers definitely add up.

I don't know which room package she signed up for, but if she was paying $40k per year, it isn't a bad price at all. She would have no car payment, no rent or mortgage, no utilities, nothing. Even meals are provided. And if she can work remotely, all the better. I personally wouldn't go on a cruise if you held a gun to my head, but I know some people love them, and she was going to see some real sights. I assume she'd hit every country on the Mediterranean, sail around Africa, hit Vietnam, China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, probably go to South America, etc.

Probably the company had good intentions, but underestimated the demand. It looks like people will get their deposits back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Reading further into the story, the $32k was just a deposit. The cheapest room on the cruise is $38,400 per year per person in a double occupancy cabin. A quick google says the average number of passengers on a cruise ship is 3000, so the numbers definitely add up.

I don't know which room package she signed up for, but if she was paying $40k per year, it isn't a bad price at all. She would have no car payment, no rent or mortgage, no utilities, nothing. Even meals are provided. And if she can work remotely, all the better. I personally wouldn't go on a cruise if you held a gun to my head, but I know some people love them, and she was going to see some real sights. I assume she'd hit every country on the Mediterranean, sail around Africa, hit Vietnam, China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, probably go to South America, etc.

Probably the company had good intentions, but underestimated the demand. It looks like people will get their deposits back.
    Oh, I think it’s a great price. Probably too good. There’s no way the company can know if such a price is feasible until it has a ship. It’s very irresponsible to offer this without first securing a ship. As a customer I can’t imagine booking a cruise without knowing exactly what ship I’ll be on. Usually there are pictures and all kinds of details on the ship.

I’m skeptical that such a deal is feasible for any cruise line. Hopefully she put her payments on a credit card. That will help her chances of getting a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes:

Chip R (11-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I would have been glad to be on a boat with Ginger and Mary Anne and ecstatic when it went way beyond 3 hours. In fact, I'd have sabotaged the professor's schemes every chance I had to stay with those 2.
    Saturday Night Live did a sketch years ago where a "Yogi" was answering questions, and one was who was sleeping with who on "Gilligans Island". the answer was Mr and Mrs Howell, the Professor with both Ginger and Mary Ann, and of course the Skipper and Gilligan,

6. Likes:

WrongVerb (11-29-2023)

Turn Off Ads?