Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023-24 Euro Soccer Thread

Re: 2023-24 Euro Soccer Thread

Liverpool vs. Arsenal on Saturday with 1st place heading into Boxing Day on the line. Who's winning?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Liverpool vs. Arsenal on Saturday with 1st place heading into Boxing Day on the line. Who's winning?
    Arsenal hasn’t won at Anfield since 2012. I’m just hoping for a draw.

4. Likes:

M2 (12-20-2023)

Yep. Better playing at Anfield now then April like last year.

Get the point and get out of town.

The European Court of Justice has ruled FIFA and UEFA rules blocking a Super League to be unlawful.

https://theathletic.com/5154222/2023...ampaign=601983
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The European Court of Justice has ruled FIFA and UEFA rules blocking a Super League to be unlawful.

https://theathletic.com/5154222/2023...ampaign=601983
    Still a dead project though. Germany, France and (after fans insta-revolted) England aren't touching that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Well played game. Arsenal was way better early and then survived and got insanely lucky TAA hit the bar on that break.

Hoped for a draw and got it.

9. Likes:

Big Red Smokey (12-24-2023),M2 (12-23-2023)

That pitch yesterday was a joke. Players sliding all over the place.

Another bad Chelsea loss. 22 points. 10th place. Closer to relegation zone then 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Another bad Chelsea loss. 22 points. 10th place. Closer to relegation zone then 4th.
    They're a disaster. Only three guys left on the club out of the 14 guys who played in their 2021 UCL title win (Reece James, Ben Chillwell and the ghost of Thiago Silva). They spent £272M on transfers in the summer of 2022, £284M last winter and £403M this past summer - all for a glorified pile of crap. That's 33 players. What's a team supposed to do with 33 players?

- - - Updated - - -

That pitch yesterday was a joke. Players sliding all over the place.
    You'll never slide alone.

Arsenal look like a shell of the team from last year. Just very robotic. No creativity. And the defense is starting to crater.

Arsenal look like a shell of the team from last year. Just very robotic. No creativity. And the defense is starting to crater.
    They are just so wasteful. They play pretty football, passing all that. But just never take advantage of chances right now.

Martinelli has dropped off badly and has no confidence. Jesus has just never recovered from that knee injury. Nketiah isn’t a starter. Troussard and Havertz seemed kinda lost in what their roles should be. Odegaard and Saka have been pretty good, but just as a unit it’s just off.

They can't handle Christmas.

Real Madrid destroy Barca 4-1 in the Spanish Supercopa (winner and loser of Spanish cup and 1-2 in la liga - four teams). Notable for Vinicius’ hat trick in the first half. Reminder of his class in a year that has been all Bellingham all the time. A return to last years’s form?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Real Madrid destroy Barca 4-1 in the Spanish Supercopa (winner and loser of Spanish cup and 1-2 in la liga - four teams). Notable for Vinicius’ hat trick in the first half. Reminder of his class in a year that has been all Bellingham all the time. A return to last years’s form?
    Vini's just getting healthy. Was most encouraged by how he hammered that PK. Barca helped by playing that insanely high line. Practically rolled out the red carpet for Vini and Rodrygo to scorch them.

The Roma and Mourinho love affair is over. Spicy is all well and good but the team still has to beat Lazio and Atalanta at least. DDR gets his first HC opportunity. Buona fortuna capitano futuro!

19. Likes:

M2 (01-17-2024)

Turn Off Ads?