Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: We are not mocking the Cardinals enough

Re: We are not mocking the Cardinals enough

Marmol has to be gone and it’s hard to see why they should stick with Mozeliak, this is akin to Jocketty’s 2007 season that got him booted.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-05-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Broke guy finds a hundred dollar bill on the ground.

Starts making fun of the normally financially stable guy having a down year for "not managing his money properly".

Not a good look.
    We should be very respectful of the Cardinals on this Cincinnati Reds message board.

5. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (04-23-2024),Tom Servo (07-28-2023),Tommyjohn25 (07-29-2023)

He was Braves PBP guy for a while. I've yet to meet a Braves fan who was sad to see him go. Their version of Thom B.

7. Likes:

Chip R (08-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    We should be very respectful of the Cardinals on this Cincinnati Reds message board.
    They're like the Steelers to me. Don't like em. But I'm not poking that bear every time I find a shiny nickel on the ground either.
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

The St. Louis Cardinals have traded away: Sandy Alcantara, Zac Gallen, Adolis Garcia, Randy Arozarena, Lane Thomas, Patrick Wisdom and the No. 37 pick

And received: Marcell Ozuna, Matthew Liberatore, a rental Jon Lester at 37 years old, a Comp B pick, Drew Robinson, and cash

https://twitter.com/AramLeighton8/st...59256365891584

10. Likes:

757690 (08-07-2023),camisadelgolf (08-05-2023),Chip R (08-07-2023),goreds2 (08-07-2023),Marc D (08-05-2023),RedTeamGo! (08-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    The St. Louis Cardinals have traded away: Sandy Alcantara, Zac Gallen, Adolis Garcia, Randy Arozarena, Lane Thomas, Patrick Wisdom and the No. 37 pick

And received: Marcell Ozuna, Matthew Liberatore, a rental Jon Lester at 37 years old, a Comp B pick, Drew Robinson, and cash

https://twitter.com/AramLeighton8/st...59256365891584
    The Cardinal Way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

12. Likes:

goreds2 (08-07-2023),Rdirtypirates (09-02-2023)

Derrick Goold
    @dgoold

As #Pirates visit, #stlcards were discussing whether they'd adjust the rotation so Adam Wainwright, in his final season, starts next week in Atlanta (his last visit to homestate Georgia) ... and then skips Cincy, or as he called it, 'The Devil's Lair.'
    Hilarious. The Cardinals adjust their rotation so that Wainwright doesn't have to pitch in Cincinnati again before he retires.

14. Likes:

Chip R (09-07-2023),RedTeamGo! (09-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    They're like the Steelers to me. Don't like em. But I'm not poking that bear every time I find a shiny nickel on the ground either.
    What bear is being poked by a couple dozen reds fan on a very obscure website making fun of them?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

Marc D (09-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What bear is being poked by a couple dozen reds fan on a very obscure website making fun of them?

18. Likes:

Marc D (09-02-2023)

Getting walloped 14-1 against the D'Backs at the moment in the 6th and looking to pad their basement in the Central a little.

Between last year and what I've seen so far, I see a team that has a some inconsistent veterans, underperforming youngsters, a bad manager, and a front office/ownership at a level of complacency. I feel like their pendulum might finally be tipping in the wrong direction and they could actually have two sub .500 seasons in a row.

Or at least that is my beautiful dream.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-25-2024),alwaysawarrior (04-24-2024),BoxingRed (04-24-2024),Chip R (04-24-2024),Eric in IL (04-24-2024),NebraskaRed (04-23-2024),RedTeamGo! (04-24-2024),RiverRat13 (04-24-2024),Sea Ray (04-24-2024),Tony Cloninger (04-23-2024)

Giving Marmol a 2 year extension is one of their more puzzling moves in the past few years.

22. Likes:

Chip R (04-24-2024),Tom Servo (04-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Getting walloped 14-1 against the D'Backs at the moment in the 6th and looking to pad their basement in the Central a little.

Between last year and what I've seen so far, I see a team that has a some inconsistent veterans, underperforming youngsters, a bad manager, and a front office/ownership at a level of complacency. I feel like their pendulum might finally be tipping in the wrong direction and they could actually have two sub .500 seasons in a row.

I watched the end of the game last night and they pulled it out. But there was a lot of golly gee got to get the boys going energy in the booth. Meanwhile the comments on The Athletic is fraught with angry fans who don't know how to handle losing

I'm sure they'll get it after a few more weeks

24. Likes:

Chip R (04-24-2024),Redsfaithful (04-24-2024),Tom Servo (04-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Shhhhhhhh

If they rip off 15 wins in 17 games, I’m gonna blame you.

26. Likes:

Chip R (04-24-2024),Tom Servo (04-24-2024)

I know Cardinals fans attacked EDLC last year while waving Jordan Walker at Reds fans and...Walker was just sent to AAA. He's still just 21, but a reminder that what we are seeing from EDLC should not be taken for granted.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

28. Likes:

Chip R (04-25-2024),cumberlandreds (04-24-2024),NebraskaRed (04-24-2024),Tom Servo (04-24-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I know Cardinals fans attacked EDLC last year while waving Jordan Walker at Reds fans and...Walker was just sent to AAA. He's still just 21, but a reminder that what we are seeing from EDLC should not be taken for granted.
    Just coming on here to post that.

Walker would be an ideal guy to try to get-- Dude's got massive potential.

30. Likes:

Chip R (04-25-2024)

Turn Off Ads?