Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 College Basketball Thread

Re: 2023-2024 College Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As I figured...it won't cost him his job like many said
    In all honesty I think the best case scenario would have been for him to resign.

If he was fired it would have been Joe Paterno all over again (not equating what Huggins did with Paterno turning a blind eye to child rape) but the fan reaction.

With WVU taking the path they did now it's a talking point for at least the first half of the season as we are all reminded that Huggins is suspended for homophobic comments.

He is no longer the highest paid employee in the state. That title goes to Neal Brown.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I have arachnophobia, does that mean I make crude jokes about spiders?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Three game suspension, contract is now year to year and any further comments will result in termination.

Yeah, slap on the wrist.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Darn it, I saw blood in the water though!

How about Bill Cunningham. Can we nail him for anything?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I heard the clip and it’s like I had hopped in the Delorean and went back 30 years.

Some things never change.
    Realizing Gordon Gee is the President of WVU just compounds this thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Three game suspension, contract is now year to year and any further comments will result in termination.

Yeah, slap on the wrist.

His contract kinda was year to year anyway so I don't know that this is a big penalty for him

West Virginia men's basketball head coach Bob Huggins has agreed to a two-year contract extension that will keep him in Morgantown through the 2023-24 season. The school announced the news Friday.

Huggins also has the option to continue coaching or lengthen his relationship with WVU through June 30, 2027.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ract-extension

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Darn it, I saw blood in the water though!

How about Bill Cunningham. Can we nail him for anything?
    Interesting that there's been pretty much no pressure exerted against Cunningham except for an editorial from the Enquirer

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-14-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Interesting that there's been pretty much no pressure exerted against Cunningham except for an editorial from the Enquirer
    Yep, I'm surprised about that too. He kind of opened the door for Huggins with a comment I felt was totally on par with what Huggins said in regard to crudeness and insensitivity.

I'm glad though. This whole Central Scrutinizer phase of the Information Age has been absolute poison to everything from actual discourse to the arts in general.

I can't believe Bill Cunningham is still alive, much less still on the radio.

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-15-2023),westofyou (05-15-2023)

It's now confirmed, Huggs still has a serious drinking problem. Looks like he had another DUI this weekend in Pittsburgh:

https://twitter.com/voicemorgantown/...5Es1_&ref_url=

Huggins remaining employed all these years is a miracle. Seems this off-season he's actively trying to get fired.

Think he survives this one? I think not. I think this'll be the final straw. It's not like he's killing it in Morgantown right now. I did think he'd survive the radio incident but not this one

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Huggins remaining employed all these years is a miracle. Seems this off-season he's actively trying to get fired.
    He either has a serious problem with alcohol and needs help or he has a God complex and thinks he's above the administration.

I'm leaning toward the former.

Either way, he's done. You don't bite the hand that feeds and he's done exactly that. The only thing that saved his job with what he said on Bill Cunningham was that it was WVU and they swept it under the rug. If they don't fire him then he can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Huggins had a late team meeting tonight and announced he won't be coaching this season. Unsure if he was fired or allowed to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Huggins had a late team meeting tonight and announced he won't be coaching this season. Unsure if he was fired or allowed to resign.

Sounds like they’re letting him resign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?