Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bengals Season Part 3

2015 Bengals Season Part 3

So that Houston loss is killer, in that New England clinches the 1 seed with a win because of the common opponent record.

Texans:
    Patriots 1-0, Bengals 0-1
    Steelers:
    Patriots 1-0, Bengals 1-1
    Broncos:
    Patriots 0-1, Bengals 1-0*
    Bills:
    Patriots 2-0, Bengals 1-0

Record:
    Patriots 4-1
    Bengals 3-2 (If they beat Denver)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2015 Bengals Season Part 3

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Let me ask you guys this. Would you rather play the AFC championship at NE or at home vs. the Steelers?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Let me ask you guys this. Would you rather play the AFC championship at NE or at home vs. the Steelers?
    Home vs. the Steelers. I don't want to play the Pats at all.

Eifert has been ruled out for the Broncos game. Hope he can make it back this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Eifert has been ruled out for the Broncos game. Hope he can make it back this season.
    I'm glad their putting his long term mental health ahead of any football game.

The Bengals drafted 2 TEs in the most recent draft. Kroft is playing very well and he'll hold down the fort with Hewitt. Uzomah, though, is said to possibly be the best of the bunch, just very raw.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked this in the previous thread just before it was closed:

Most important regular season game in the Lewis/Dalton era for the Bengals?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm glad their putting his long term mental health ahead of any football game.

The Bengals drafted 2 TEs in the most recent draft. Kroft is playing very well and he'll hold down the fort with Hewitt. Uzomah, though, is said to possibly be the best of the bunch, just very raw.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked this in the previous thread just before it was closed:

Most important regular season game in the Lewis/Dalton era for the Bengals?
    A few years ago the Bengals went into Pittsburgh and played a win or go home game. That IMO was more important than this game.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    A few years ago the Bengals went into Pittsburgh and played a win or go home game. That IMO was more important than this game.
    Given the list of free agents to be, this might be the team's best shot at winning it all, even with the Dalton injury. I think it's as big as they get.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Given the list of free agents to be, this might be the team's best shot at winning it all, even with the Dalton injury. I think it's as big as they get.
    Yes, that Pittsburgh game was big, but I'm with you here.

Best case scenario is that AJ comes out and takes the Broncos apart. The Steelers had a field day picking on Harris and Roby. Sanu and Jones can take care of that. Green will be battling Talib all day, and I am betting that AJ is under strict instructions not to throw the ball that way unless Green is obviously open. Getting healthy on offense (minus Dennard ) is going to be a boon, obviously. We'll see how it all falls into place.

I think that is overplayed a little bit. I also think that the Bengals have done a good job of creating depth within their team. The trouble spots IMO are WR where both Jones and Sanu are free agents, and the secondary where key contributors are UFA's. I do think the Bengals will bring Jones back as well as one safety. But the core of the team, is signed and ok going forward.

The Bengals generally sign their own, they will lose some guys this offseason, but it's not going to be a mass exodus.

Paul Dehner is saying Eifert is still in the protocol but hasn't officially been ruled out. I don't think he's going to play, but just saying it's not official yet according to him.

This game is huge, but I'd rather be conservative with injuries and have everyone back in the playoffs, in the end.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think that is overplayed a little bit. I also think that the Bengals have done a good job of creating depth within their team. The trouble spots IMO are WR where both Jones and Sanu are free agents, and the secondary where key contributors are UFA's. I do think the Bengals will bring Jones back as well as one safety. But the core of the team, is signed and ok going forward.
    I dunno. Can't think of a clearly bigger regular season game in the Lewis era.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but good chance Geno's field time is limited Monday night as well: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...-denver-122215

IIRC, last time they were in Denver he played 20 some snaps.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but good chance Geno's field time is limited Monday night as well: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...-denver-122215

They are in the playoffs, even if they lost they still have a chance at the #2 seed. I don't see how this is a bigger game than the one played in Pittsburgh a few year ago.

15. Likes:

swaisuc (12-28-2015)

I forgot about Atkins. That stinks.

The altitude is a huge advantage for the Broncos. I live in Denver now and it takes months to get used to the altitude. Simple tasks like walking up a flight of stairs will leave you out of breath. The Broncos should never lose at home with that advantage.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

So Eifert out. Atkins limited.

They need Eifert and Green at full health to really be a threat on offense. Just one or the other hasn't been enough, for some reason. Not good.

They need to pressure Osweiler, otherwise he will carve the Bengals up. The Bengals get zero pressure without Atkins. Not good.

Plus the usual Denver home air advantage.

This one doesn't look good at all, but that's why they play em anyway...who knows? That's also why they should have won against the Texans...still can't believe they lost that one.
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

Turn Off Ads?